Speech & Language Therapy
The Speech-Language Pathologist (SLP) working at Warnbro CHS Education Support Centre is part of the educational team and provides support to students with special needs in language, speech, fluency, literacy, and Alternative and Augmentative Communication (AAC). The overall aim of speech-language therapy is to help the school meet the educational and communicative needs of students.
The SLP has specialist knowledge related to:
- speech sound production
- phonological awareness
- understanding language
- using words and sentences to convey ideas
- how language is used as a tool to interact socially with others
The SLP works within the educational team to:
- identify students with special needs in communication
- determine the educational needs of these students
- develop appropriate educational programs for these students
The SLP provides one-on-one and group therapy in the areas of speech and language, such as social skills, to those students requiring targeted assistance in these areas.